2013 BSSC DODGEBALL
DODGEBALL GENERAL INFORMATION
TEE SHIRT INFORMATION
LEAGUE POLICY FOR TEAM ADVANCEMENT
We invite and encourage you to join your fellow BSSC members at our official sponsor bars after each game. Miller Lite and the official sponsor bars help to keep the cost of the BSSC affordable for everyone. The bars sponsor the BSSC because of the large economic impact we have on their business. The sponsor bars are where we all go to grab a cold Miller Lite, meet old friends and make new ones. Other bars in the area did not contribute to become an official sponsor bar of the BSSC. Out of respect to the businesses that keep your fees affordable, please patronize those sponsor bars that are supporting you and the BSSC.
Thanks in advance for your loyalty to our sponsors.
Outside Sponsorships: The BSSC only allows teams to collect funds from businesses that do not conflict with our partners or "official" bar sponsors of the BSSC. The BSSC will not accept funds from companies that are in direct competition with our official sponsors or partners. Teams that are "sponsored" by a bar/restaurant will NOT be allowed to participate in any play-off games and will NOT be asked to come back to the league the following year.
BSSC GENERAL INFORMATION
2013 DODGEBALL STARTING DATE
Wednesday OR Thursday, September 18th & 19th
6:15 PM - 10:15 PM
Teams will play their games at these venues during the season;
DuBurns or Myers Soccer Pavillion
8 Regular Season Games
Postseason for teams that Qualify and are Eligible
HOLIDAYS DURING THE SEASON
LEAGUES AVAILABLE FOR DODGEBALL
- Extreme Social: Teams/individuals that have intermediate athletic skills and love to socialize.
- Taste Great and Less Filling are sub leagues of Extreme Social
- Taste Great: Teams with the highest point totals from previous season.
- Less Filling: Teams with the lowest point totals from previous season.
LEAGUE ADVANCEMENT POLICY (Based on the prior year's post/regular season results)
The number of teams that will advance to the next higher league will be based on regular season/postseason results from the previous year. This format helps balance out the caliber of teams in all BSSC sports leagues.
- All teams who won a postseason game must move up to the next higher league the following season.
- If the number of postseason teams were reduced, teams with 12 regular season points or more (teams/standings) must move up to the next higher league the following season.
- The BSSC will integrate advancing teams into the higher league by having them play against other advancing teams early in the season. This will help new teams acclimate into the higher league play format.
- Super X teams that have 14 points or more (Team/Standings) must move up to Less Filling.
- Teams with a regular season point total of 4 points or less, may choose to move down to the next lower league.
- Any BSSC team may choose to move up to a higher league at any time.
REGULAR/POSTSEASON SCHEDULE DEVIATIONS/RAIN OUT POLICY
The first priority of the BSSC is to ensure that each team in all sports completes their full regular season schedule. While every effort will be made to follow the posted tentative BSSC postseason schedule, that schedule may be adversely affected by weather during the regular season or other unforeseen circumstances (e.g., the City taking over some fields for a festival). It should be noted that the number of teams eligible for postseason play is not guaranteed in any sport. Therefore, the postseason schedule and the amount of teams involved may have to be reduced or eliminated based on the number of weeks the regular season had to be extended. Below are the deviations from the normal postseason schedules if inclement weather or other circumstances dictate such action:
- If there is one rainout or less, the entire posted postseason schedule will be played.
- If there are two rainouts, the number of teams involved in postseason play will be reduced to 50% of the tentative schedule (e.g., if the preseason tentative schedule provided for 32 teams playing in the postseason, this would be reduced to 16 teams).
- If there are three rainouts, the number of teams involved in postseason play will be reduced to 25% of the tentative schedule (e.g., if the preseason tentative schedule provided for 32 teams playing in the postseason, this would be reduced to 8 teams).
- If there are four or more rainouts, a decision will be made whether to play an abbreviated postseason schedule or eliminate all postseason play.
- Make-up/postseason games might not be scheduled on the same days as teams play in the regular season. (e.g., Softball plays Monday thru Thursday, make up/postseason games may be played on a weekend or another day. The make-up date(s) will be provided before the start of the season to allow players to make adjustments to their schedules.
- Neither refunds nor pro-rated refunds will be given if the season is shortened due to inclement weather or by actions taken by the Baltimore City Department of Recreation and Parks.
- The BSSC base league fee for this sport is $705 (Team of 12 players) includes:
A $60 per team "for profit tax", implemented by Baltimore City Recs & Parks ,BSSC staff (field leaders or officials), Field rental, $50 Refundable End of Season Forfeit Fine Credit (see below), Off Duty Police @ Patterson Park (Softball only), MedStar ATC (Football only ),BSSC T-shirt for each participant, League coozies (Outdoor Sports only) for each participant and Miller Lite draft specials at the official sponsor bars.
- For each additional player over 12 on your roster, you must add $60. Teams will pay the base league fee even if their roster is below 12 players.
- The deposit given at team sign ups ($200) will be deducted from the total team balance.
- For each individual(s) given out by the BSSC, $60 will be deducted from the total team balance.
$50 REFUNDABLE FORFEIT FINE CREDIT
- The $50 forfeit fine credit will cover outstanding fines that occur on the last regular season game ONLY. It cannot be used to pay for fines that occur during weeks 1-7 (Based on an 8 week season).
- At each team's last regular season game; a "forfeit fine credit" voucher will be handed out if all fines are up to date.
- Once the bar vouchers have been issued, they are valid on the day issued, and on any subsequent day that the sport is being played including postseason (even if your team did not make it into the postseason)
- Vouchers are on a "use or lose" basis, can only be used on the day this sport is being played, and cannot be redeemed for cash. Vouchers are for DINE IN ONLY.
- The bar vouchers will be divided between the bar sponsors based on the total number of teams in the league. Vouchers can only be redeemed at the sponsor bar logo listed on your team vouchers. This will ensure equal patronage between all the official BSSC bar sponsors (e.g., 99 teams, 3 bar sponsors, 33 teams will go to each of the three sponsor bars).
- Payments can be made by:
- 1. ONE check (Check may be from the coach, team representative or business)
- 2. Cash
- 3. Cash / ONE check combination
- This will expedite the registration, pick up process, coaches wait time, and BSSC paperwork during first week of the season.
- Team balance MUST be paid in full at tee shirt pick up. NO balances will be carried over to the first week of the season.
CHECK DEPOSIT DATES
- The $200 deposit required at sign-ups will be deposited the week of the t-shirt pick-up.
- The balance for the team is required when the t-shirts are picked-up and will be deposited the week of the 3rd regularly scheduled game.
If you need us to "hold" a check for a few days, please contact us ASAP. However, if a check is returned because of insufficient funds, a $25 "returned check" fee will be added to the amount due. Teams must pay their balance due and the return check fee in CASH. Teams will not be allowed to play their games until all fees are paid.
TEXT SERVICE FOR CANCELLATIONS
The BSSC League has a text service called RainedOut.com.
RainedOut.com is a FREE service of Omnilert which supports over 1,600 colleges and universities, corporations, government, and non-profit organizations. Click on the logo below to sign up to receive text messages about rain outs or other information. We will be able to type in a text message that will give you "real time" cancellations. This will reduce the need to check email, the website or call the rain out hotline when we have unforeseen events.
DID I MISS A BSSC E-MAIL?
Now you can view ALL of the e-mails that have been sent by the BSSC. Click on the " View E-mails " link just below the tool bar, of the sport in which you are playing. This will keep you up to date with all of the e-mails that were sent throughout the entire sport season.
OFFICIAL BSSC BAR SPONSOR(S)
We invite and encourage you to join your fellow BSSC members at our official sponsor bars after each game. Miller Lite Beer and the official bar sponsors help to keep the cost of the BSSC affordable for everyone. The bars sponsor the BSSC because of the large economic impact we have on their business. The sponsor bars are where the entire league goes to grab a cold Miller Lite beer, meet old friends and make new ones. Other bars in the area did not contribute to the BSSC and are not official sponsors. Therefore, out of respect to the businesses that keeps your fees affordable; please patronize those sponsor bars that are supporting you and the BSSC. The names of our sponsor bars are provided on the website.
If there is a problem that needs to be addressed at our bar sponsor(s), please contact the BSSC and we will contact the owners directly to resolve the issue.
The BSSC only allows teams to collect funds from businesses that do not conflict with our partners or "official" bar sponsors of the BSSC. The BSSC will not accept funds from companies that are in direct competition with our official sponsors or partners. Teams that are "sponsored" by a bar/restaurant will NOT be allowed to participate in any postseason games and will NOT be asked to come back to the league the following year.
The BSSC is the ONLY sports & social club in MARYLAND to have an affiliation with MedStar SportsHealth.
What is MedStar SportsHealth and how can it help you as a member of the BSSC?
- Although ALL BSSC sports are non-contact, as with all physical activities, people may occasionally sustain an injury. Should this occur, the BSSC has an agreement with MedStar Sports Health to provide prompt medical care (for its members) at any one of the four Baltimore area MedStar Hospitals. These hospitals include Franklin Square, Good Samaritan, Harbor and Union Memorial.
- Should an injury occur, you will receive a MedStar SportsHealth identification card provided by a BSSC Staff member.
- MedStar SportsHealth is NOT an insurance company so it will not pay for any medical claims. Simply present your MSSH ID card to the Emergency Room registrar (or tell the registration staff person you are a member of the BSSC) and their staff of sports medicine specialists will help to get you back in the game again!
- Your affiliation with the BSSC helps to get you "fast tracked" through the Emergency Department ONLY at the above participating MedStar hospitals.
- This ID card does NOT provide insurance coverage nor will BSSC be liable for any medical expenses.
- If you waived medical attention at the field but later you feel the need to be seen by a professional, please contact the BSSC so they may refer you to the MedStar SportsHealth, or if you have a question regarding the services provided to BSSC members by MedStar SportsHealth, call Jen Pritchett, 410-772-6516, during regular business hours.
BSSC MEMBER COMMENTS
......I did want to complement the Harbor Hospital staff on their efficiency with my care. I was very impressed with the "fast track" service! I was in and out, x-rays taken and read in an hour. That is a wonderful service that the BSSC offers, and I was very grateful that your staff gave me the paperwork and went over that option with me. So please thank Med star and also thanks to you for setting up that service! Thanks again for your concern. I am very glad everything turned out ok! - Brittany
......I got four stitches on top of my head with minimal cutting of my hair! It is looking good and feeling better. I just wanted to let you know that I thought everything was handled perfectly. The ump stopped the game, the trainer came running over, she was great and made sure I had a proper way to get to Union Memorial hospital and then another staffer came running after to take down my contact info. It was really nice to know that a solid system is in place for when something like this happens.
Thanks again. - Kristin
......Thank you so much for following up and checking on me. Fortunately, my boyfriend was at the game and he immediately took me to the Union Memorial ER as suggested by the trainer on duty at the field. I so appreciate your staff calling ahead. I was literally at the hospital for maybe an hour which they told me was because someone called ahead. So again, THANK YOU! - Tyesha
DODGEBALL SIGN UPS
(Returning Coaches, New Coaches, & Individuals)
ALL SIGN UPS AND MEETING LOCATIONS
- All coaches meetings and team/individual signups will be held at DuBurns Arena (unless otherwise noted) MAP CLICK HERE
- DuBurns is located on the corner of Boston and Elwood Streets in Canton. Their phone number is 410-396-4202 for additional directions only.
- DuBurns is not affiliated with the BSSC and will not have general information about the club.
2012 DODGEBALL ARCHIVES/TEAM ADVANCEMENT LINK
The below link will include who coached each team and their records/standing from the previous season.
If a team has qualified for advancement to the next higher league (see Postseason Team Advancement Policy above), it will be listed next to their coaches name. To view the archived list for the previous season click the link below:
Extreme Social CLICK HERE
ALL COACHES SIGN UP DATES (Returning/New)
Date: Monday, August 19th
Time: 6-8 pm
Location: DuBurns Arena
- Signups do not follow a first come/first serve format. For your convenience you may sign up on either date above.
- This sign up is for all coaches that would like to put a team in the above league.
- Teams that played in the league last season will get first priority at sign ups and are considered a "returning" team. If a team splits in two, the original coach will have the guaranteed spot and the expansion team will be considered "new."
- Coaches must bring a $200 deposit at the above sign up dates to guarantee a spot in the league. If your team folds, your deposit will NOT be refunded.
- A general coach's information sheet will be given at the sign ups, with the coaches packet handed out at the meeting. The coach's packet includes league rules, online tee shirt ordering, and general coaching information.
- Any coach who deliberately signs up their team in a league below their athletic ability will be removed from the BSSC and will not have their registration fee returned.
I'm a NEW coach that signed up...how do I find out if the BSSC was able to find a spot for my team?
- On Tuesday, August 20th, go to the league (Extreme Social) in which you signed up for. COACHES the BSSC were able to accommodate for this season will be posted in their appropriate league. The BSSC will have this information on the site by 5pm on the above date.
- Once your team is accepted into the league then your $200 deposit is non-refundable and you may not change the league in which you signed up for.
- Refunds will be sent to all coaches the BSSC was not able to accommodate. The refund process takes approximately 2 weeks to complete.
Returns checks: The BSSC realizes that you may need us to "hold" a check for a few days. Please contact us ASAP with this information. If a check is returned because of insufficient funds, a $25 return check fee will be added to the amount of your check. This fee must be written out to the BSSC in a separate check.
INDIVIDUAL SIGN-UP DATES (Register online prior to the sign up dates/use links below)
Date: Monday, August 19th
Time: 6-8 pm
Location: DuBurns Arena
This sign up is for all individuals who which to play DODGEBALL but do not have a team. If you considering playing on an already established team, do not sign up, you need to contact the coach of that team.
- In order to be placed in the league, individuals must bring a mandatory $65 registration fee on one of the above dates. Your name will not be added to the individual list without the registration fee.
- If you are writing a check, be sure your address is current. If not; make the sign up staff aware of your current address.
- You can choose any league in which to play but must follow the above format.
- If you are signing up with another person and would like to be placed on the same team, make the sign up staff aware of your request. The BSSC will do everything possible to comply to the same team requests.
- You may also sign up individuals who are not present but would like to play DODGEBALL. If you are signing up yourself (or another individual) have the following information with you:
3. Home Address
4. Contact Number
5. Email Address
7. Tee Shirt Size (S-5XL)
As an individual you will be placed on either:
- A current team looking for players
- A team made up of all individuals who signed up for DODGEBALL.
- The number of individuals needed and/or number of individuals teams formed will be determined after the coaches meeting.
It usually takes 2 weeks after the coaches meeting to formulate the teams.
- You will hear from the BSSC in this time frame regarding your status.
- If we are unable to place you on an individual team or a current team your league fee will be returned. The refund process takes approximately 2-3 weeks to complete. If you paid in cash, a BSSC check will be refunded to you.
- All individual teams will need a coach. Any player who volunteers to coach will have their league fee reimbursed.
- $60 of your $65 individual registration fee goes toward your league fees and the remaining $5 goes toward administrative costs.
INDIVIDUAL ONLINE REGISTRATION (Register online prior to the sign up dates/use links below)
You can now register online as an individual by clicking the following link to each league. Follow the online registration instructions to pay the registration fee. After you register online, you may also pay your league fee by attending the sign ups or sending a check in the mail (Email me firstname.lastname@example.org for the PO Box Address ). Once the registration fee has been paid, BSSC will continue the process of finding you a team.
EXTREME SOCIAL is for teams/individuals that have intermediate athletic skills and love to socialize.
EXTREME SOCIAL INDIVIDUAL LINK: CLICK HERE
How do I know if I was placed on a team?
One week after registration, go to the corresponding link in which you have signed up for. Your league status will be found next to your name:
1- ASSIGNED (The assigned coach will be displayed next to your name, welcome to the league)
2- PENDING (We are still trying to find a team for you to play on)
3- REFUND SENT (We were unable to find you a team to play on and your refund has been sent)
EXTREME SOCIAL is for teams/individuals that have intermediate athletic skills and love to socialize. CLICK HERE
DODGEBALL COACHES INFORMATION
MANDATORY COACHES MEETING DATE
Date: Wednesday, August 21st
Time: 6:30-8:00 pm
Location: DuBurns Arena
- A team representative (coach/ assistant coach/team player) MUST attend the above meeting date.
- Meetings will start promptly at 6:30pm, please schedule your time accordingly.
- If a team does not provide a team representative (coach/ assistant coach/team player) to attend the coaches meeting, they will be removed from the league and deposit forfeited.
- The contents of the coach's packet will be reviewed as well as all league rules.
- At the end of the meeting coaches will be encouraged to ask any questions concerning the league or the rules.
INDIVIDUAL PLAYER INFORMATION - DEADLINE: Thursday, August 22nd MIDNIGHT
If you need players who have signed-up as individuals, please note the following procedure.
- Email email@example.com with the following information:
- Coach's name, sport, league and team #.
- Number of players needed with gender noted.
- For each individual(s) given out by the BSSC, $60 of the $65 registration fee will be deducted from the total team balance. The remaining $5 will go towards BSSC Administrative fees.
- If you have emailed me requesting individuals and find out that individuals are no longer needed, you must email me by Noon on Thursday, August 22nd . I cannot make any changes after this date.
- If you have requested individual player(s), the individual(s) will be placed on your team and you are obligated to honor that agreement.
- Once individual player(s) have been placed on your team the BSSC will email you the individual(s) contact information (Name, Email address, T-shirt size, etc...). Please contact them and introduce yourself.
- Their information will automatically be uploaded to your roster once the t-shirt deadline has passed. There is NOTHING you have to do other than email them and welcome them to your team.
- The BSSC will email the individual(s) informing them of the their team placement.
THE BSSC WILL PLACE ALL INDIVIDUAL T-Shirt sizes and Payment on your online Coaches form AFTER THE T-DEADLINE HAS PASSED.
LAST DAY TO PUT COMMENTS ON-LINE - DEADLINE: Thursday, August 22nd MIDNIGHT
- Each team will be allowed NO MORE than (2) comments/requests. The BSSC will review all online comments / schedule requests, but cannot guarantee that all will be accommodated.
- Criteria for team comment/schedule requests (Email requests will NOT be honored)
- Your team would like to play another team in the same division.
- Your need to avoid a specific date due to a work meeting, team vacation, wedding, etc. (Example: a team can't play on Wednesday of week # 3 because the team works together and there is a work function that night.)
- If a team is participating in multiple BSSC sports, please make us aware. BSSC will make every effort to avoid schedule overlaps. This does not include a Non BSSC sport.
- Except for the above deviations, the BSSC cannot accommodate requests for a specific day or time or location to play games.
- No "bye" weeks are scheduled in the BSSC.
COACH & ASSISTANT COACH INFORMATION
Every team MUST have an assistant coach to receive important BSSC information in case the coach is unavailable to receive emails. Coaches must enter their and the assistant coach's name, e-mail address, and their home/cell/work phone #'s on the site. Please update your and/or your assistant coach's information if it happens to change during the season.
POSTING THE REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULE
After the COMMENT deadline & before the TEE SHIRT order deadline, the BSSC will post the regular season schedule on the site (for example, if the comment deadline for a particular league is a Monday night and the t shirt deadline is Friday, the schedule will be posted after Monday but before Friday).
T-SHIRT ONLINE ORDER FORM - DEADLINE: Monday, August 26th, MIDNIGHT
To find this form, go to www.baltssc.com/team , enter your pass code, and then use the drop down menu to pick a sport/league. This is where you will enter color, quantity and T-shirt sizes for your team.
- Midnight on the date provided is the deadline for you to enter color, quantity and sizes of shirts for your team.
- Teams will lose their spot in the league if the t shirt order isn't completed by midnight of this date.
- Sizes must be entered BEFORE entering your player's names on the roster form.
- The number of roster spots allowed by the software coincides with the number of T-shirts entered.
- Teams will be held financially responsible for the total number of shirts ordered.
- The order form calculates T-shirt total, deposit and final $$ balance for your team.
- Coaches will not be allowed to access the online form once the below date has passed.
AVAILABLE TEAM T-SHIRT COLORS AND SIZES
- Up to 3 XL- Black, Gray, White, Orange, Purple, Pink, Red, Maroon, Camel, Chestnut, Vegas Gold, Daisy, Forest Green, Irish Green, Military Green, Lime, Indigo Blue, Light Blue, Navy, and Royal Blue.
- Up to 4 XL- Black, Gray, White, Red, Maroon, Navy, and Royal Blue are available.
- Up to 5 XL- Black, Gray, White, Red, Navy and Royal Blue are available.
Note - Each 2XL-5XL shirt costs an additional $3
"C" INDICATOR FOR COACHES T-SHIRT
Because of the large number of coaches in each sport, the BSSC will place a "C "on the coach's T-shirt sleeve. This indicator will help identify each coach to BSSC staff before and during the games.
- The "C" indicator is for coaches only (listed on the website) and is not transferrable to another player.
- When ordering shirts, the coach's T-shirt must be included in the completed team total.
- In addition to including the coach's shirt in the team total you must use the drop down menu box (under coaches indicator) to indicate which size t shirt the coach wears.
ADDITIONAL T - SHIRTS - DEADLINE: Wednes Monday, September 9th 12:00 PM (Noon)
- Coaches will have a second opportunity to order additional shirts after the original order deadline has passed. After this new deadline date has passed, no more T-shirts can be ordered.
- Ordering additional T-shirt(s) is the same cost as adding a new player ($60 each).
- You MUST contact the BSSC (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the deadline to order additional shirts.
- Please include the following information: Coach's name, Team number, League, T-shirt size(s) and Color.
- The BSSC will add the additional shirts to your online order form. BSSC coaches will NOT be allowed to access their online form once the original midnight T-shirt deadline has passed.
- If a team would like to "swap" size (s) when ordering additional shirt(s), a $10 "restocking fee" per shirt(s) will be applied to their online order form. (Example: A Large was ordered and now the player would like to wear an Extra Large.)
- After the additional t-shirt deadline has passed, coaches may then enter their additional player(s) information (name and valid e-mail) on their team roster.
- After the additional deadline, no more shirts can be ordered.
- Additional team T-shirt(s) will be ready at T-shirt pick up or by your first game.
COACHES TEE SHIRT PICK-UP
Date: Monday, Septmeber 16th
Time: 6-7:30 pm
Location: Du Burns Arena
- This is not a meeting but the coach or a team representative must pick up the shirts on the above date.
- Coaches must bring the balance due, in the form of cash and/or one check, (amount can be found on the online coach's form).
- BSSC will have necessary staff to expedite coaches through the process of checking shirts, paying balances, and turning in roster sheets. This process should take no more than 15 minutes to complete.
- Tee shirts MUST be counted before leaving the arena and the tee shirt confirmation receipt signed. The confirmation receipt verifies that the shirts have been counted and are correct by a team representative and the number of tee shirts in the bag coincides with the team order.
PRESEASON ROSTER REQUEST
- One Week Prior To Teams First Regular Season Game Is Scheduled: This will allow the BSSC to send important information regarding the upcoming sports season to the players on your team. Completed team online roster form (all full names AND valid personal email address for each player).
ROSTER DEADLINE (DAY BEFORE FIRST REGULAR SEASON GAME)
- Final online access to enter a team's roster requirements will be MIDNIGHT on the day before a team's first scheduled game. Example: First regular season game is played on Saturday; final access will be at MIDNIGHT on Friday night.
- Team roster requirements include: First and Last names AND valid personal email address for each player on the team. (Based on the number of tee-shirts ordered)
PENALTY FOR MISSING ROSTER DEADLINE
- A loss will be recorded for the first week's game if the roster requirements have not been entered by the above deadline.
- Coaches must use the "Roster Modification Procedure" to email the BSSC their team's roster requirements after the deadline has passed.
- A loss will be recorded for each proceeding week if the "Roster Modification Procedure" has not been followed.
ROSTER MODIFICATION PROCEDURES (After the fist regular season game has been played)
- Roster modifications must be emailed into the BSSC office by 5 pm (Monday through Friday) prior to a team's next scheduled game. Contact email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Example 1: Next scheduled game is on Saturday or Sunday. Email must be sent to the BSSC office by 5:00 pm on Friday.
- Example 2: Next scheduled game is on Thursday. Email must be sent to the BSSC office by 5:00 pm on Wednesday.
- NOT ACCEPTABLE MODIFICATION: Next scheduled game is on Wednesday. Email was sent on Wednesday at 5:00 pm.
(PSERD) POSTSEASON ELIGIBILITY ROSTER DEADLINE (Day after the fourth regular season game has been played)
- Only players on your roster as of this deadline may participate in the remaining regular season/postseason games. (All full names AND valid personal email addresses for each player)
- After this deadline, rosters are frozen and no more players may be added to a team.
WAYS TO MODIFY YOUR TEAM ROSTER (After the season has started)
1. Unfilled Roster Spot(s) Procedure (PRIOR TO PSERD)
- A coach may fill in the remianing vacant roster spots by emailing the BSSC office using the Roster Modification Procedure. (Example: A coach has ordered 15 shirts and there are only 13 names on his roster. A coach may add 2 players to his online roster to fill these spots).
2. Drop/Add (PRIOR TO PSERD)
Drop/Add is the only way for a team to adjust their roster, once the "Additional Tee Shirt Deadline" has passed.
- Coaches must remove a player from their roster - DROP, before filling the vacant roster spot with a new player - ADD. (Example: Player is injured, work schedule conflicts with remaining schedule, moving out of town, etc)
- Once a player has been removed from the roster, they may not play in any game for the remainder of the team's schedule. (SEE ILLEGAL PLAYER RULE).
- In order to complete a DROP/ADD the coach must email the BSSC office with the following information using the" Roster Modification Procedure."
- Coach, Sport, League, Team #
- DROP - Email the BSSC the original player(s) (full name/valid email address) you are removing from the team roster.
- ADD - Email the BSSC the new player(s) (full name/valid email address) you are adding to the team roster.
- All new players(s) must sign the roster before playing in a game.
ROSTERS TURNED IN ON GAME DAY (ALL WEEKS)
- FIRST REGULAR SEASON GAME: If a roster is written on a " BSSC Generic Roster Form" and the criteria has not been met online (See- Midnight Before Teams First Regular Season Game Is Scheduled ) a loss will be recorded for that team.
- WEEK # 2 THROUGH WEEK # 4 GAMES: A printed roster from the website, can NOT have hand written information on it. Example: Typed players name scratched out and replaced by another player or players name outside on the box (under release info / written on back of sheet, etc.). These players will be considered "Illegal" until the Roster Modification Procedures have been met and will NOT be allowed to play in the current game.
- A roster that was written on a "BSSC Generic Roster Form" will be double checked with the team's online roster. (See: Illegal Player Rule )
PRINTING THE TEAMS ONLINE ROSTER SHEET
- From your teams online roster form, use the "click here for team roster" link to print your team's roster. If your link does not open, please contact the BSSC. We will send you a copy of the roster via email.
- After the online roster form has been completed, bring a printed copy to your game.
- Have all players sign next to their name and turn in the signed roster to a BSSC staff member BEFORE the start of the first game.
- Before the start of your 2nd game, reprint the roster using the above format. "Already on file" will be listed for ALL of your players who have signed the roster. Once all players have signed, you will not have to bring the roster to the fields.
- You can view which players have signed the roster by checking your online roster.
- Any player not on the online team roster will be considered an illegal player. (See General Team Rules)
- BSSC software will send each coach and player a "reminder" e-mail if a player has not signed the roster. Once all signatures have been collected, software will no longer send a reminder.
LOST PASS CODE
If you lost your code contact email@example.com.
Copyright 2013 BSSC, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed for the use outside of the BSSC without the written consent of Mike Cray, owner of the BSSC.
BACK TO TOP